Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dominic is almost a month old!



I can't believe that Dominic is almost a month old! He has been such a joy for us to have. I think the jury is still out for Joseph on Dominic, but that is to be expected. Even he has his moments of sweetness, even if he doesn't want to admit it. Here are some of the highlights that we have experienced so far:
  • Dominic weighed 9lbs 8 ozs on 1/27/12. He is eating like a champion. The Dr. asked me if I had any questions on breastfeeding. When I told him I thought it was going well, he remarked, "Yeah if you were concerned I wasn't going to believe you." I am sure he is now approaching the 11lb mark. Hagen Daz milk I have. He seems to change just about everyday. Currently I think he looks like Joseph, and myself.
  • Dominic has been sleeping anywhere from 4.5-6 hour shots as night. That has made mama feel like a whole new woman!
  • He was baptised on 1/28/12. Coincidentally, it was the feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas, a great Doctor of the Church, and also a Dominican.
  • He is starting to smile to smile even though I haven't been able to catch it on pictures yet.
  • He loves to talk in his sleep. If you didn't know his habits, you would think I was ignoring him when he was sleeping, but he constantly talks while he is sleeping. It's not until you see his eyes wide open, or he actually cries that he is awake.














1 comment:

vercfamily said...

Love all the pics! Glad all is going well :) xoxo