Thursday, December 10, 2009

Washed Clean as Snow


"O purify me, then I shall be clean; o wash me, I shall be whiter than snow."
Psalm 51:7

What better day for Joseph James to come into the Church, than a gorgeous snowy day! It was a beautiful ceremony, and Joseph was such a gem (hardly crying for once, thanks to Father letting me feed him first, and change him). We were blessed by the presence of many families that have become dear to us here in Denver, and enjoyed an intimate Baptism St. Joseph's Chapel in the Pastoral center at St. Mary's Parish. It was a joy to have about a dozen children present as they got to partake in the event, helping with the readings, the chrism oils, prayers, and the lighting of the candle. Something that I have never seen before, but brought a tear to my eye was at the end of the Baptism, where Father prayed over Joesph, and asked for the protection of our precious son. What a blessing it has been to be apart of the St. Mary's community!

Getting ready for my big day
Don't forget me...I need to give a cheese smile for Joe's big dayThis is what it looks like to have original sinPlacement of the first chrism oilsI baptize you in the name of the Father, and the Son and the Holy SpiritWashed clean as snow...being clothed as a new creationThe presentation to Mary by Father Alvaro
My two minutes of fame
Proud new Godparents...Brian Lager a good friend, and future Priest, and Anne Wolpert, a dear friend from FOCUS who lives close to us in DenverWelcome Joseph to our Christian FamilyProud parents...and big brother

1 comment:

Little Things said...

Welcome to the family, little man! We will be keeping you in prayer. May you grown in the graces of Our Lord, so that you may be a strong man of God! God bless you always!!!